Type de recrutement : externe
Type de contrat : CDI - full-time (40 hours per week)
As part of its digital strategy, its activities in the areas of digital long-term preservation, automation of bibnet.lu network libraries and development of electronic services for the consortium.lu, the National Library of Luxembourg wants to strengthen its IT department.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or technically related degree
- You are fluent in English. French and / or German are an advantage.
- You are able to work in a team
- You think analytically
- You are willing to learn new technologies and new skills
- You are able to write technical reports
- You are familiar with following technologies: Oracle SQL , MySQL , Perl , PHP
- You are familiar with UNIX systems management
- You have a thorough knowledge of Oracle RDBM
Experience in the following areas is considered as a bonus
- You have gained experience with the integrated ALEPH integrated library management system as a system administrator
- Familiarity with the Business Intelligence tool IBM Cognos Report Studio
Within the IT department you will be in charge of administering and developing electronic services for the bibnet.lu library network.
You also will ensure the technical side of the national and international projects Red, LiDa , WorldCat and VIAF .
- a competitive salary
- an attractive work environment. The new building of the National library will be inaugurated in 2018.
- Technical information: Carlo Blum (260959-227 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application procedure : Marc Birsens (260959-214 / email@example.com)
Address and deadline
Please send your application before the 15th of July 2015
- per post to
Ministère de la Fonction publique et de la Réforme administrative – Centralisation
Bibliothèque nationale – Service des ressources humaines
31, bd. Konrad Adenauer
- or per email, as a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- or apply online (French):
Poste vacant de l'employé de l'Etat (m/f) dans la carrière S
Required documents and application procedure
Please provide the following documents:
1. a handwritten cover letter
2. a curriculum vitae listing the detailed schooling curriculum, as well as professional experiences and internships
3. a copy of the applicant's diplomas and/or professional qualifications/certificates
4. a copy of an ID card/passport
5. a recent copy of the Luxembourgish criminal record (less than two months from the date of submission of the application)
6. a copy of the birth certificate
The candidates holding foreign education diplomas must provide as well:
• the proof of recognition of a secondary school graduation diploma obtained abroad provided by the Department for the recognition of diplomas;
• the proof that the foreign higher education diploma has been recognized in Luxembourg: either approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR) as regards foreign diplomas which give access to the profession of humanities or science professor or lawyer; or as regards all other diplomas, be recorded in the Register of certificates.
* This position is open for all nationals of European Union (EU) Member States as for non EU-Member States.
Applicants are asked to avoid duplexing when copying or printing.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Les dossiers de candidature sont à adresser pour le 15-07-2015 au plus tard.