Type de recrutement : externe
The National Library of Luxembourg (BnL) is recruiting a metadata and statistics manager for its Digital Library Consortium “Consortium Luxembourg pour l’acquisition et la gestion de publications électroniques”: www.a-z.lu, blog.findit.lu.
- 1 year contract, 32-40 hrs/week (negotiable)
- Status “Independent Consultant” (not an employee position)
- Available: immediately
Consortium Luxembourg is Luxembourg’s national consortium; it is a small, young and dynamic service, exclusively focussed on digital content. You will be reporting to the head of consortial services and work with the existing consortium team, bringing it to a total of 3 people, in close cooperation with IT services.
Consortium Luxembourg was founded in 2006 and has rapidly become the main source for electronic documentation for the University of Luxembourg, public research centers and, through the National Library, the general public. The availability of public and remote access makes Consortium Luxembourg a key player to leverage the digital transition towards a modern knowledge society.
Consortial management, including its software, is centralised at the National Library. Servers are physically hosted by government IT services (CTIE). The consortium’s portfolio of software and licensed content is continually optimised. In this respect you will actively participate in the implementation of the Consortium’s multi-year strategic plan. As digital publishing is changing still at a rapid pace, you will be required to adapt to new technologies and challenges.
You will need to be an exemplary team player and be self-motivated while working in a multicultural and multilingual environment, most colleagues being at least quadrilingual.
- Configuration, updates and quality control of the product metadata licensed by the Consortium, such as scientific databases, electronic journals and electronic books. This task is done via the administrative interfaces of the main consortial software tools (ExLibris Primo Central Index, Primo, SFX and MetaLib; OCLC EZProxy, CORAL ERM).
- Gathering, analysis and bi-annual reporting of statistics relevant for cost and usage tracking, using the ExLibris UStats tool and the statistics data warehouse.
- Active participation in the consortial multi-year strategy relevant to the main responsibilities above: Implementation of a new consortial management tool and migration to a new delivery and statistics infrastructure.
- Continuous documentation of internal consortial processes.
- Communication (blog) and training tasks, both internal and external.
- Fluently bilingual: English a must, plus French or German
- Use the categories of the Common European Framework for language skills
- University diploma (in library or information science, digital publishing or similar)
- Basic IT skills, capable of handling and debugging complex configurations
- Note: The job is not an IT position. Tasks such as server maintenance and updates or system configuration are handled by the IT team. You are required to be able to work closely with IT though.
- Additional languages, especially French, German and Luxembourgish.
- Professional experience in a comparable job or specialist studies in the field.
- Professional experience in business process analysis or change management.
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and analysis.
How to apply
Please send your application by email, including a CV and motivation letter (not handwritten!) and any references you deem relevant to the head of personnel management (firstname.lastname@example.org) and in copy, the head of consortial services (email@example.com). Subject: “Candidature Consortium Luxembourg”.
All applications received until 6th December 2015 included will be considered.
- Consortium Luxembourg: http://a-z.lu http://blog.findit.lu
- Independent consultant specific requirements, see “self-employed intellectual worker“:
Les dossiers de candidature sont à adresser pour le 06-12-2015 au plus tard.